UTS #35 Splitting
Strawman here for discussion.
1. Divide up the spec by functional lines:
Dates and Times
Numbers & Currencies
Other supplemental data
Cheap tools, accessible to everyone
Easy to edit.
Must be able to snapshot.
Stylesheets (or equivalent mechanisms) are critical.
1. Use HTML, but break into Part1, Part2, .... Still have to muck with tagging; non-WYSIWYG editing.
2. Eric strongly recommends docbook (see http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookAuthoringTools).
3. Ask Richard Ishida about how W3C documents work. [Mark]
4. Use Sites for the subdocuments. We've done this in ICU, and it makes it easier to edit, and thus easier to add new material.
The release would consist of taking a snapshot of the site, copying to different number (eg ldmlspec2.1)
4.1. There is a rough prototype:
Mark to look at whether we can make a copy for a snapshot of a version. DONE (easy to do)
any of us can edit easily
Numbering couldn't be within chapter (eg Chapter 2 section 1 would be 1.)
Could only approximate the TR format.
CSS doesn't yet work.